Sunday 8 May 2022

Hello Deer

This island brings copious surprises.

One day, out walking, one of the reintroduced red squirrels bounded across my path. Yesterday I walked up the slope from my house and there, midway, stood a young doe (deer). I say young, but actually I have no idea of her age, but she looked young. She did that customary still stance. She stood midway and mid road, listening, watching. I too stood still, and watched her. Soon enough she moved off.

Today, I performed an afternoon meditation in the small rear garden. The sounds are different here. There are fewer gulls and more pigeons, and bees. Oh so many Bumble bees, constantly droning. I meditated to those wondrous sounds of nature, the throaty cooing of pigeons and the soft flutter of their flights. The Cosmos has brought me here to aid my meditation. I could not be more grateful. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On the Island

 A collection of photographs I've taken on Mersea Island, and a poem https://issuu.com/martinabradley/docs/on_the_island